Apple Seeded Snow Leopard build 10A286 to Developers.
Developers may be getting yet another beta update for the company’s upcoming Snow Leopard operating system. The current build number is 10A286 (which can change at any time), it is not confirmed but rumored that the latest build is tagged 10A286. in the first week of Feb Apple seeded build 10A261 which was claimed to almost finished. The seed notes of build 10A261 were focused on Grand Central and OpenCL APIs. Application footprints in Snow Leopard are significantly reduced. Almost all of the applications have been rebuilt in Cocoa and 64 bit. If you take a quick look at the seed notes you may note that the build is still not ready to release. Apple recommend developers not to install this build on Nahalem based Mac Pro. iTune and iPhone interface is still buggy, and finder also contains bugs. Stay tuned for more latest happenings and news of Snow Leopard.
Some Attractions of Snow Leopard Build to Build :
1- “Minor UI changes” to the System Preferences
2- The Keyboard Shortcuts Preference pane is now considerably easier to use
3- Application footprints in Snow Leopard are significantly reduced. Almost all of the applications have been rebuilt in Cocoa and 64 bit
4- The majority of running processes are now Intel (64 bit)
5- The new Put Back feature allows deleted files to be returned to the folder they were deleted from
6- You can now navigate the folder structure in Stacks.
World Of Apple have put up what appears to be the seed notes of build 10A286.
New Content in Build 10A286.
This seed contains some major new changes in the following areas:
QuickTime Player : The new QuickTime Player has a new minimal UI and is focused on playback.
Finder : Finder includes a new Cocoa Desktop, Info Window and Contextual Menu
Safari : Safari 4 beta is included in the seed as the default browser.
- Remote Installs over Airport may cause panics (A workaround is to install via Ethernet or DVD.)
- Booting from the install DVD can take a long time
- Some settings are not migrated from the previous system when upgrading, including file sharing, sharing name and energy saver settings.
- Finder issues: Icon previews will not appear on the Desktop, selecting Clean Up does not change icon placement on the Desktop. Sometimes the Finder and Desktop will stop responding to input. A workaround is to restart Finder.
- iTunes will sometimes lock up when an iPhone is connected. A workaround is to rename or delete ~/Library/Lockdown)
- Microsoft Office 2004 applications can hang when using the File->Open menu. A workaround is to open the file by opening it in Finder.)
- On newer MacBook Pros, the screen’s backlight will not come on when booting into the installer if the brightness is set below 6.
- Hibernation is not working on machines with Nvidia graphics cards and will result in a frozen machine.
- The Time Machine UI cannot be activated in Finder and Mail in some cases.
- The linker creates a bad image when the minimum OS target is set to Mac OS X 10.5 and weak external symbols are used. (A workaround is to set Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.6 as the minimum OS target.)
- Xcode often crashes when navigating in documentation using the navigation buttons.
- We do not recommended installing this seed on the Nehalem Mac Pros.