Yellowsnow 0.9.8 to unlock iPhone 3G is now available on cydia. It’s not yet announced on iPhone Dev Team blog for download but twitted by dev team” yellowsn0w 0.9.8 is on Cydia for those who were seeing wifi or slowness issues with 0.9.7. This is NOT anything related to 02.30.03 baseband ” Yellowsn0w is meant to work with baseband 02.28.0 of firmware 2.2 and in order to successfully unlock your iPhone 3G you need to have firmware 2.2 with baseband 02.28.0.
About Yellow-Snow The application is a small daemon that is launched on boot. It injects the payload at boot and also whenever there is a baseband reset. You won’t notice anything about it other than that your third-party sim now works. It’s a small program and unobtrusive.
Brief description: The 0.9.8 release changed things only related to exit from airplane mode and wi-fi. It changes nothing with the yellowsn0w payload itself or the injection vector or the baseband version.
The 0.9.6 version worked for many peoples but it had a hard-coded address for the airplane mode call. The hard-coded address changes depending on FW version (2.2 vs 2.2.1 so far). The 0.9.7 version tried to make it universal and applicable across all future updates. Although it worked for most people, it did have the side effect of keeping wi-fi off after the toggle. The 0.9.8 version fixes that at the expense of going back to hard-coded addresses. That affects us more than you.”
Guide for unlocking your iPhone 3G with yellowSnow 0.9.8 check here.
More Guides of Interest :
- Downgrade iPhone Baseband from 02.30.03 to 02.28.00
- How to Downgrade iPhone 3G Firmware 2.2.1 to 2.2
- How to Downgrade iPhone 3G / 2G 3.0 back to 2.2.1
- Visual Guide To Jailbreak iPhone 3G 2.2.1 With QuickPwn 2.2.5 For Windows/OSX.
- Upgrade and Unlock iPhone 3G 2.2.1 With Custom Firmware.
- Yellowsn0w 0.9.8 Unlock Tool Out for iPhone 3G Firmware 2.2.1
- How to Check iPhone’s Bootloader Version on Windows Computer.