Google Chrome is a web browser developed by Google and based on the WebKit layout engine and application framework.It was first released as beta for Windows in September 2, 2008. Till december chrome grabs 1% share of browser market.Mac OS X and Linux versions are under development & will be available very soon. you are really mad for running Chrome in UBUNTU Linux then explore the power of WINE ( WINdow Emulator ).Follow the simple steps given below & taste Google Chrome in UBUNTU.
- Make sure you have installed Wine.
- Make sure it is a version equal to or higher than 1.1.3 (you can do it through this command in any terminal wine-version).
- Winetricks download and install it: wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks winetricks sudo cp / usr / sbin
- Install the dependencies to work properly Chrome: winetricks riched20 riched30 flash allfonts
- Download Chromeoffline Installer: wget
- Install Chrome through Wine: wine chrome_installer.exe
- Still will not run. You need to adjust a few things. Google opens the icon Chrome.desktop with your favorite editor and look for this line: Exec = env WINEPREFIX = “/ home / mimir / .wine” wine “C: \ \ windows \ \ profiles \ \ mimir \ \ Local Settings \ \
Application Data \ Google \ \ Chrome \ Application \ \ chrome.exe “
- Add at the end the following:-new-http-in-process-plugins