Yellow-Snow is a small daemon that is launched on boot. It injects the payload at boot and also whenever there is a baseband reset. You won’t notice anything about it other than that your third-party sim now works. It’s a small program and unobtrusive.The 0.9.8 release changed things only related to exit from airplane mode and wi-fi. It changes nothing with the yellowsn0w payload itself or the injection vector or the baseband version.As you know Yellowsnow hits 0.9.8 with more improved version but it is not available officcialy yet so bookmark this page and check later for more updates, Till then i have prepared a simple to follow guide on how to unlock iPhone 3G with YellowSnow 0.9.8
Yellowsn0w is out on Cydia and it’s ready to rock. Here’s how to become SIM-independent.
Install the latest 2.2 firmware before beginning this process.
- First, download quickpwn Windows here or OSX here and jailbreak your iPhone check guide for jailbreaking with Quickpwn here.
- Use the latest firmware to pwn your phone (download it from my collection here). This will allow you to install Cydia or Installer. If you just updated your phone or updated your phone on the computer you are running quickpwn on, you probably won’t have to download the firmware.
- Then, add the repositories (DO NOT ENTER THESE URLs INTO YOUR BROWSER per Dev Team’s instructions).
For Cydia enter: http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com/
For Installer enter: http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com/
- Install yellowsn0w. Run it.
- Turn off the iPhone and install your third party SIM.
NB: f you are in the U.S. and are trying this with T-Mobile, you must turn off the 3G switch in Settings.
- Turn on the phone. Wait until your carrier pops up. If it doesn’t, take the SIM out and reinstall it.
More Guides of Interest :
- Downgrade iPhone Baseband from 02.30.03 to 02.28.00
- How to Downgrade iPhone 3G Firmware 2.2.1 to 2.2
- How to Downgrade iPhone 3G / 2G 3.0 back to 2.2.1
- Visual Guide To Jailbreak iPhone 3G 2.2.1 With QuickPwn 2.2.5 For Windows/OSX.
- Upgrade and Unlock iPhone 3G 2.2.1 With Custom Firmware.
- Yellowsn0w 0.9.8 Unlock Tool Out for iPhone 3G Firmware 2.2.1
- How to Check iPhone’s Bootloader Version on Windows Computer.
Happy hacking @ iHackintosh