Windows XP is a line of operating systems produced by Microsoft for use on personal computers, including XP Home, XP Professional & XP Media Center Edition.Windows XP was first released on 25 October 2001, and over 400 million copies were in use in January 2006. The most common editions of the operating system are Windows XP Home Edition, which was built for home users, and Windows XP Professional, which offers additional features such as support for Windows Server domains and two physical processors, and is targeted at power users.If you are sick of Home edition & going to update to Professional & worried about your Installed programs then wait a minute & read this article twice or thrice.Here we’ll show you a simple registry hack to convert and turn Windows XP Home Edition to Windows XP Pro Edition, from within the operating system without going through installation again.
- Open Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet00X/Control/ProductOptions, where ControlSet00X is the one with the highest number.
- Delete the ProductSuite registry key.
- Then, create a new DWORD value and named it as Brand.
- Set the “Brand” value data as 0.
- Reboot the system.
- On boot up after the BIOS screen, press F8 to display Windows XP Startup Menu.
- Choose Last Known Good Configuration (LNG) and hit Enter.