Here is the simple instruction to follow for updating your hackintosh from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 All you need is to install IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext for installing kext use OSX86 tool from PCWIZ.
1. Download and install IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext – here. – (Restart your computer after Installation)
2. Download 10.5.5 Update – here.
3. Open you terminal and type: sudo -s
4. Enter your password and hit enter
5. Type: while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done (hit Enter)
6. Double click on 10.5.5 Update to initiate install. Follow through with installation. NOTE: When update installed you will be prompted to ‘Restart’. DO NOT restart yet.
7. Go back to your Terminal window and close it.
8. Re-open your Terminal again (make sure you sudo -s)and type: nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1 (hit Enter)
9. Find the line that says ‘Don’t Steal Mac OS X.kext and replace it with dsmos.kext (You might not have this in the script, i didn’t)
10. Go back to 10.5.5 Update window and hit ‘Restart’
11. Start your PC in verbose mode. Half way through the booting process your computer will restart by itself – it’s ok. Start it again in verbose mode. (It should be able to boot ok this time)