1. Click on Start and type regedit at run
2. Now Navigate to the following registry key:
3. In the right details pane, create following Three DWORD (32-bit value) entry
UseMachineCheck, and set its value to 0.
Blur, and set its value to 0.
Animations, and set its value to 0.
4. Close Regedit
5. Click on Start and type CMD with administrative Priviliges
6. Now type following command
Net Stop uxsms
Net Start uxsms
Above command will stop and start Desktop Window Manager Session Manager.
7. Now Attempt to Enable Aero by right clicking on desktop-> Personalize ->Windows Colors.
This Registry Hack to enable Aero in Windows 7 can also be used on Windows 7install on Virtual Machine like Virtual PC 2007 but this wont work on Vmware Player which doesn’t have DirectX 9 or support physical machine video Drives.